An enchanting villa nestling in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains on 18 hectares of tended olive groves and beautiful lush gardens
Dating from the 1960’s, this authentic private family residence is imbued with charm and history and offers outstanding views of the distant Atlas Mountains. This oasis of calm was once frequented by Sir Winston Churchill, who spent many happy days painting in the olive groves and nearby hills.
This beautiful villa near Marrakech, Ruspoli is a beautiful house built to be enjoyed in all seasons and offers spacious accommodation, elegant interiors, splendid gardens and an inviting turquoise tiled pool, all lovingly maintained and enhanced over the years by its current owners. Tastefully decorated with a blend of classic style and local character, the villa has an impressive open-plan lounge and dining room with open fireplace. The adjoining well-stocked library offers an interesting choice of books, and is a cosy and tranquil haven to retire to.
The highlights of this unique Moroccan villa have to be the spectacular views of the mountains and its exotic gardens, full of lofty palms, pepper trees, jacaranda and bougainvillea. The shaded terrace, pavilion and courtyard is the perfect spot for relaxing and soaking up the sunshine or enjoying an alfresco meal.
With its enchanting atmosphere, Villa Ruspoli is a perfect base for those looking for a unique and truly relaxing holiday. For lovers of the outdoors, the fascinating Berber villages of the Ourika Valley and towering Atlas Mountains are both on your doorstep, whilst the colourful souks and sights of vibrant Marrakech are only a 35 minute drive away.
- 6 bedrooms (sleeps 10 guests), 5 with en suite bathroom (bath, shower, hand basin & wc)
- Main house: 4 bedrooms including a spacious master suite with dressing room and private terrace, connecting to a small double room (with half-bath only, hand basin & wc, suitable for 1/ 2 young children). Two additional en suite bedrooms, one with a four poster bed and one with twin beds
- Maisonettes: 2 self contained independent suites, accessed from inner courtyard, both with their own bathroom (bath, shower, bidet and wc) Green suite (3 storeys): downstairs lounge, double bedroom with bathroom on mezzanine floor, plus secluded roof terrace with fountain, sun beds and Berber tent Yellow suite: (2 storeys): downstairs sitting area and children’s dining room, plus first-floor twin bedded room with bathroom
- Large open-plan lounge and dining room with French doors to the terrace and gardens. Separate comfortable well-stocked library
- Extensive gardens with courtyard, pavilion and private mosaic pool (25m x 12m: unheated), sun loungers, traditional hammam and relaxation room
- Wifi, satellite TV, Ipod dock and DVD. There are 2 safes at the villa
- Well-equipped fitness room with music stereo. Table tennis and croquet. Walks and treks can be organised. Golf courses, tennis club and winter skiing in Oukaimeden, all nearby (approx. 35 mins)
- The villa does not have air-conditioning. Central heating is available in all rooms, and is charged at extra cost if required, during the colder winter months (Nov – March: costs approx. extra £500 per week)
- The rental cost includes the exclusive use of the villa, complimentary laundry service, plus a local team of long serving house staff, who offer a discreet, personal service. All meals, food, wines and drinks are at extra cost.
- The cook prepares your meals on request and can prepare Moroccan, French and Italian dishes. She also caters for young children and any guests with special dietary requirements. There are sample menus for guests to choose from. The staff do the shopping and guests reimburse the cost of the food and transport. Please note that the villa does not have credit card facilities so all payments must be paid for in cash before departure. The approximate cost for meals works out at about £15-£20 per adult per day (less 50% for children under 12 years) and includes breakfast, lunch & dinner. Sample menus available and the cost will vary according to menus chosen
- Airport transfers can be arranged at extra cost. Car hire is recommended
- Children are welcome (extra bed, cot, highchair & babysitting available). Please note that parents must supervise their children at all times
- The villa’s secluded rural location, surrounded by olive groves and small farm holdings, on the edge of the small Berber village of Tnine Ourika, with its lively Monday souk
- The incredibly relaxing atmosphere of this lovely villa, with its home from home atmosphere, secluded gardens, birdsong, and lovely outside terraces perfect for al fresco dining
- Enjoying tasty meals, prepared from the fresh produced from the villa’s own farm, such as its organic olive oil, honey, vegetables and home-made preserves
- The many local activities, such as walking or trekking with local guide and mule team in the mountains or visiting the beautiful scenery of the Ourika Valley, with its aromatic gardens and artisan workshops
- For keen golfers, it’s only a short drive to some of the fabulous championship golf courses outside Marrakech. Avid skiers, might also be tempted to visit the charming ski resort of Oukaimeden in the Atlas Mountains, just over an 75 minute’s drive away
- Villa Ruspoli is an ideal retreat for a house party or special celebration, which will certainly impress family and friends. Local live entertainment can be arranged on request