A beautiful private villa nestled in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains on 28 hectares of tended olive groves and beautiful lush gardens
Dating from the 1960’s, this private villa in Morocco’s Atlas Mountains simply oozes charm and character. This is a historical private family residence, once frequented by Sir Winston Churchill, who spent many happy days painting in the stunning grounds.
Villa Ruspoli is a charming home built to be enjoyed in all seasons. Offering spacious accommodation, elegant interiors, splendid gardens and an inviting turquoise swimming pool. This beautiful villa has been lovingly maintained and enhanced over the years by its current owners.
Tasteful décor combining classic style with local character, the villa has an impressive open-plan lounge and dining room with fireplace. Adjoining is a well-stocked library offering an interesting selection of books, a cosy and tranquil haven to retreat to.
We think the highlight of this unique Moroccan villa is the extensive gardens, bursting with swaying palms, flowers and jacaranda trees. The shaded terrace, pavilion and courtyard are perfect spots for relaxing or perhaps enjoying a delicious meal al fresco.
With its enchanting atmosphere, this secluded and private villa is perfect for a unique holiday in the Atlas Mountains. For outdoor lovers, the fascinating Berber villages of the Ourika Valley and towering Atlas Mountains are nearby. Whilst the colourful souks and sights of vibrant Marrakech are only a 35 minute drive away.
- 6 bedrooms (sleeps 10 guests), 5 with en-suite bathroom
- Main house: 4 bedrooms including a spacious master suite with dressing room and private terrace. Connected to a small double room (suitable for 1-2 young children). 2 additional en-suite bedrooms, 1 with a four-poster bed and 1 with twin beds
- Maisonettes: 2 self contained independent suites, accessed from internal courtyard, both with their own bathroom
- Large gardens with courtyard, pavilion and unheated pool (25m x 12m), sun loungers, traditional hammam and relaxation room
- WiFi, satellite TV, IPod dock and DVD player. There are 2 safes at the villa
- Fitness room, table tennis and croquet. Walks and treks can also be arranged.
- Villa Ruspoli is not air-conditioned. Central heating is available in the cooler months (Nov-March), approx. £500 per week
- Price includes the local team who offer a discreet, personal service. All meals, drinks are at extra cost
- The cook prepares delicious meals on request and can cater for children and guests with special dietary requirements. Staff do the shopping and guests reimburse the cost of the food and transport at the end of the holiday.
Please note that there are no credit card facilities, therefore all extras must be paid in cash before departure
- Airport transfers can be arranged at extra cost although car hire is recommended to explore the surrounding scenery
- The rural location, surrounded by olive groves and small farm holdings
- Located on the outskirts of the small Berber village of Tnine Ourika, with its fascinating and lively Monday market
- Enjoying tasty meals, prepared from the produce of the villa’s farm, including organic olive oil, honey, vegetables and home-made preserves
- There are many local activities, including walking/trekking with local guides and exploring the dramatic Atlas Mountains
- For keen golfers, it’s only a short drive to some of the fabulous championship golf courses outside Marrakech. Avid skiers, might also be tempted to visit the charming ski resort of Oukaimeden in the Atlas Mountains
- An ideal retreat for a special celebration, which will certainly impress family and friends. Local live entertainment can be arranged on request