Stunning Art Deco style villa with private pool set in exotic gardens in the desirable Majorelle district of Marrakech.
For anyone looking for a luxury villa in the heart of Marrakech, then look no further! Villa Lapis is a stylish and sophisticated residence, set behind high walls, surrounded by lush gardens and conveniently located just around the corner from the legendary Majorelle Gardens and the new Yves Saint Laurent Fashion Museum.
Originally dating to the 1950’s, this exquisite villa was recently redesigned and elegantly furnished by the current owner, drawing inspiration from Mallet-Stevens, one of the prominent modern architects of the 1930’s. Natural light filters into all the rooms of the villa through large French windows creating an enchantingly calm atmosphere. The highlight of this unique home has to be its beautiful, private garden surrounded by lofty palms, oleander and bougainvillea, with an inviting pool and sun loungers; the perfect spot for relaxing and soaking up the Moroccan sunshine, or enjoying an alfresco meal.
With its unique location in Gueliz, the former French quarter of vibrant Marrakech, Villa Lapis makes a perfect base for visiting the myriad sights, galleries, trendy restaurants and chic boutiques of this charming area; yet the fascinating sights and souks of the ancient Medina, are just a pleasant 20 minute’s walk away.
- 4 en-suite bedrooms (3 with double beds and one with twin beds – 3 rooms have their own terrace). All rooms have bath, separate shower and wc, air-conditioning/heating and hairdryer. Master suite with safe, plus two extra beds available for children
- Staffed by local team, including housekeeper/cook, maid and gardener (8.30am – 5pm. Supplement is charged locally if the cook is required to serve evening meals
- Breakfast is included and other a la carte meals available are payable locally. Fully-equipped kitchen (for staff and occasional guest use)
- Airport transfers and excursions can be arranged and are at extra cost
- There is private parking at the villa
- Spacious and bright lounge, with French windows, leading out to spectacular, secluded gardens with pool (8m x 3m) and terrace. Separate formal dining room and TV room
- 1st floor and 2nd floor outside terraces, with sun loungers, seating and dining area, both with panoramic views over the palm trees towards the iconic Majorelle Gardens
- Wifi/internet access, TV sound system, DVD and CD players
- Extra staff available on request (waiter, driver, baby-sitter and beauty therapist)
- Children are welcome (2 extra beds also available). Please note that parents must supervise children at all times
- Mustapha, the English-speaking House Manager offers a full concierge service for arranging tours, treks, massages and booking restaurants
- The villa’s unique yet peaceful location moments from the famous Jardin Majorelle, Musée Yves St-Laurent
- The incredibly relaxing atmosphere of this lovely villa, with its secluded gardens, birdsong, and lovely outside terraces perfect for al fresco dining
- The elegant interior, stylish decor, and spacious gardens
- Villa Lapis is the perfect place to impress family and friends, or perhaps celebrate a special occasion