Set high atop a plateau in the heart of the Atlas Mountains, this charming villa enjoys spectacular views over the beautiful Ouirgane Valley and surrounding Berber countryside
Nestled in landscaped gardens of carob, olive, citrus trees and colourful bougainvillea, Villa Gourza is one of several privately owned villas on the L’Amandier domaine and commands stunning views of the mountains, including the peak, facing the terrace, from which the villa takes its name. Villa Gourza is a truly a magical place to relax in, enjoy the clear Moroccan mountain air, the birdsong, tranquil scenery and distant bells of the local goats.
Very few privately owned rentals in the countryside are as stylishly presented or well-equipped as beautiful Villa Gourza. With spacious, luminous interiors and three tastefully decorated bedrooms, the villa combines chic Moroccan furnishings, soft Berber rugs and original artworks. Huge picture windows open onto the outside terrace; a perfect spot for enjoying a lazy lunch, admiring the views, cooling off in the plunge pool or star gazing at night.
This self-catering villa comes with a splendid well-equipped kitchen to prepare your own meals but if you prefer, you can also take advantage of the facilities of the stylish L’Amandier boutique hotel, with its cosy restaurant and bar, stunning turquoise infinity pool, outdoor terraces and a tennis court. Alternatively, there is a good choice of diverse restaurants nearby to choose from.
Nothing is too much trouble for the manager and his friendly team, who can give local advice, arrange shopping trips and gentle treks into the surrounding countryside or the nearby Berber villages. Surrounded by its own private garden and with a panoramic roof terrace, a stay at Villa Gourza provides all the ingredients for a relaxing holiday surrounded by breath-taking scenery.
- Spacious, luxury villa with 3 en-suite bedrooms (2 doubles and one twin-bedded room). The villa comfortably sleeps up to 6 adults (plus 1 child on a fold-up bed). Cot and highchair also available. All bed linen and towels provided, including pool towels
- All bedrooms have air-conditioning/heating and open up on to an enclosed patio. Bathrooms all have en suite bath/shower room
- Tastefully furnished open-plan lounge-dining room with central open fire-place and DVD player. Pay-as-you go Wifi is available in the villa (at extra cost). Fibre-optic internet connection is available at the hotel (at extra cost
- Good sized, fully-equipped kitchen with fridge-freezer, oven and hob, opening onto terrace with outside table for al fresco meals. Separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Private garden with sun terrace and small plunge pool, with sun loungers and umbrellas. Barbecue available. Charming roof terrace with seating, and panoramic views
- Mid-week maid service for clean and change of linen included for weekly stays. Cook service also available (at extra cost)
- The facilities and services of L’Amandier hotel are open to villa guests, including the restaurant and bar, the large infinity pool (unheated) with its sun terraces, sun loungers, parasols. Also the tennis court (racquets & balls supplied). Tennis lessons for adults/children available with English coach(at extra cost)
- The services of the English Hotel Manager and his team, who are happy to give local advice and organise transfers, local treks and excursions further afield
- Beauty treatments, hammam and massages can also be arranged at the deluxe spa at the ‘Domaine de la Roseraie’, a charming hotel with pretty gardens
- Return airport transfers are not included, but can be arranged (costs approx, 1,000 dirhams each way)
- Villa Gourza is available for weekly rentals or longer stays all year round, as well as for short breaks off-season (minimum 4 night stays)
- The villa’s peaceful location and the sheer beauty and wonderful views of the surrounding countryside
- Walks around the delightful sunken communal gardens, with its shaded green spaces, lovely plants and trees, a paradise for the birds. For the more adventurous, a challenging trek through the mountains with an experienced local guide should not be missed!
- Shopping in the local Berber villages and shops in Ouirgane, Marigha or Asni, which hosts a fascinating market every Saturday
- An exciting day trip to magical Marrakech, just over an hour’s drive away, with beautiful scenery along the way. Must visits include the historic Bahia Palace, the colourful Majorelle Gardens (or the quieter Secret Garden) with lunch on the run, followed by a foray into the bustling souks
- An indulgent day at Richard Branson’s Kasbah Tamadot, just 20 minutes drive away, to swim in the pool, enjoy a leisurely lunch. Kids will love to wander through the gardens and visit the menagerie of friendly camels, donkeys and goats!
- A perfect retreat for celebrations and events, Villa Gourza can be booked for larger groups in conjunction with some other neighbouring villas or at L’Amandier hotel. Special menus and live local entertainment can also be arranged