Perched on a plateau with far reaching views over the Ouirgane Valley, sits Villa Gourza, our only self-catering villa in Morocco.
Set in landscaped gardens, Villa Gourza is one of several villas on the L’Amandier domaine. With magnificent views, this villa is a magical place for a relaxing self-catering holiday in Morocco. Breathe in the clear mountain air, gaze at the tranquil scenery and listen to the distant bells of the local goats.
This stylish villa is privately owned and has three bedrooms. Spacious interiors combine modern Moroccan furnishings, soft Berber rugs and original artwork. The open-plan lounge and dining room has a central open fireplace and DVD player. There is a good-sized kitchen to prepare your meals and huge picture windows open onto the terrace; a splendid spot for a lazy lunch before cooling off in the plunge pool.
Abdou who works on the grounds and maintains the gardens of the villas can also arrange for a delicious tajine to be brought to you if you don’t fancy cooking or venturing out.
A stay at Villa Gourza provides all you need for a relaxing self-catering holiday in Morocco surrounded by dramatic scenery.
- The villa sleeps up to 6 adults in 3 bedrooms (2 doubles and 1 twin). There is a folding bed which can be used for 1 child. Cot and highchair also available. All linen and towels are provided, including pool towels
- All bedrooms have air-conditioning, heating, en-suite bath or shower room and a private patio
- Pay as you go WiFi is available in the villa. Fibre optic internet connection is available at the hotel (both are at extra cost)
- Large kitchen with fridge, freezer, oven and hob and separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Private garden with sun terrace and small plunge pool, with comfy loungers and umbrellas. Charming roof terrace with seating, and panoramic mountain views
- Barbeque available
- There is a midweek maid service included for weekly stays. A cook service can also come to the villa (at extra cost)
- The neighbouring hotel L’Amandier is sadly closed for now, but the large pool is maintained and available for guests use
- Villa Gourza is available for weekly rentals all year round. Shorter breaks are available in low season (minimum 4 nights stay)
- The peaceful location and far reaching views over the valley
- Walks around the communal gardens, with shaded green spaces and beautiful plants, it’s a paradise for birds
- For the more adventurous, a trek through the mountains with a local guide is a must!
- Shopping in the local Berber villages of Ouirgane, Marigha or Asni. The latter hosts a market every Saturday featuring local handicrafts, spices and more
- A day trip to Marrakech – just over an hour’s drive away – with beautiful scenery along the way. We recommend visits to the Bahia Palace, botanic Majorelle Gardens, and (of course) souks
- A day out at Sir Richard Branson’s Kasbah Tamadot, just a 20 minute drive away.
- Kids love to wander through the gardens and visit the friendly animals, including camels, donkeys and goats!
- Villa Gourza is an excellent choice for celebrations and events and can be booked for larger groups with some neighbouring villas. Live local entertainment can also be arranged