Perched on a plateau with far reaching views over the Ouirgane Valley, sits Villa Gourza, our only self-catering villa in Morocco.
Set in landscaped gardens, Villa Gourza is one of several villas on the L’Amandier domaine. With magnificent views, this villa is a magical place for a relaxing self-catering holiday in Morocco. Breathe in the clear mountain air, gaze at the tranquil scenery and listen to the distant bells of the local goats.
This stylish villa is privately owned and has three bedrooms. Spacious interiors combine modern Moroccan furnishings, soft Berber rugs and original artwork. The open-plan lounge and dining room has a central open fireplace and DVD player. Huge picture windows open onto the terrace; a splendid spot for a lazy lunch before cooling off in the plunge pool.
There is a good sized kitchen to prepare your own meals, but you can also take advantage of the facilities of the stylish L’Amandier boutique hotel. It has a chic restaurant and bar, stunning turquoise infinity pool, large terraces and a tennis court. Alternatively, there is a good choice of restaurants nearby to choose from.
The hotel manager and his friendly team give local advice and can arrange shopping trips and gentle treks into the surrounding countryside and Berber villages. A stay at Villa Gourza provides all you need for a relaxing self-catering holiday in Morocco surrounded by dramatic scenery.
- The villa sleeps up to 6 adults in 3 bedrooms (2 doubles and 1 twin). There is a folding bed which can be used for 1 child. Cot and highchair also available. All linen and towels are provided, including pool towels
- All bedrooms have air-conditioning, heating, en-suite bath or shower room and a private patio
- Pay as you go WiFi is available in the villa. Fibre optic internet connection is available at the hotel (both are at extra cost)
- Large kitchen with fridge, freezer, oven and hob and separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Private garden with sun terrace and small plunge pool, with comfy loungers and umbrellas. Charming roof terrace with seating, and panoramic mountain views
- Barbeque available
- There is a midweek maid service included for weekly stays. A cook service can also come to the villa (at extra cost)
- The hotel facilities are available to villa guests. These include use of the restaurant and bar, the large infinity pool (unheated), and the tennis court (racquets & balls supplied). Tennis lessons for adults and children are available with English coach (at extra cost)
- The team at the hotel can also advise on local activities and arrange transfers, local treks and day trips
- Beauty treatments, hammam and massages can also be arranged at the deluxe spa at the Domaine de la Roseraie, a charming hotel with pretty gardens
- We can arrange airport transfers for you for an extra cost (around 1,000 dirhams each way)
- Villa Gourza is available for weekly rentals all year round. Shorter breaks are available in low season (minimum 4 nights stay)
- The peaceful location and far reaching views over the valley
- Walks around the communal gardens, with shaded green spaces and beautiful plants, it’s a paradise for birds
- For the more adventurous, a trek through the mountains with a local guide is a must!
- Shopping in the local Berber villages of Ouirgane, Marigha or Asni. The latter hosts a market every Saturday featuring local handicrafts, spices and more
- A day trip to Marrakech – just over an hour’s drive away – with beautiful scenery along the way. We recommend visits to the Bahia Palace, botanic Majorelle Gardens, and (of course) souks
- A day out at Sir Richard Branson’s Kasbah Tamadot, just a 20 minute drive away.
Kids love to wander through the gardens and visit the friendly animals, including camels, donkeys and goats!
- Villa Gourza is an excellent choice for celebrations and events and can be booked for larger groups with some neighbouring villas or at L’Amandier hotel. Live local entertainment can also be arranged