This characterful house was built over 100 years ago by a local rabbi and combines a unique mix of Essaouira’s varied past cultures, with its thuya wooden painted ceilings, exquisite Andalucian zelliges and Arabic-Berber style furnishings.
Tucked away in a secluded alley of the ancient Medina, Villa Garance offers ten bright and spacious bedrooms, with high ceilings and large floor to ceiling windows. From the moment you enter into the riad’s traditional interior courtyard, and are welcomed by your charming French hosts, you immediately feel at home. This grand riad offers plenty of space; you can dine in one of the comfy lounges at low tables around the open fire, enjoy a delicious Moroccan breakfast (with a French twist), served up on the delightful roof terrace, or just chill and soak up the sunshine. From the top terrace, you can even glimpse the cobalt blue sea of Essaouira’s bay in the distance.
All this, plus the fascinating souks, cosy cafes and restaurants, food markets and striking blue and white houses of this historic Unesco World Heritage town are right on your doorstep. The ancient ramparts are only a few minutes away, and a brisk five minute’s walk will take you to the colourful fishing harbour and Essaouira’s white sandy beach. Villa Garance is a little gem in the heart of the Medina and is a real find!
- 10 spacious rooms, including two larger family suites
- Beautiful panoramic roof terrace with sun loungers and parasols
- Large ground floor patio, with dining room, library and several cosy salons, to relax in
- Massages arranged in the villa using pure Argan oil
- The convenient location in the heart of the Medina, close to many restaurants and the beach, making it a perfect base for exploring Essaouira
- The villa’s friendly and inviting atmosphere; nothing is too much trouble for your welcoming hosts, who offer helpful suggestions for booking restaurants and other local activities such as windsurfing, sailing, cookery lessons and camel rides on the beach….
- The yummy breakfasts served on the roof terrace are the highlight of the day
- Meals prepared using organic olive oil and fresh produce from the local souks
- Children are welcome and the 2 larger suites can accommodate a family of 3 or 4 persons. Babysitting can also be arranged