This characterful riad in the heart of Essaouira was built over 100 years ago by a local rabbi. It reflects the town’s fascinating mix of cultures, with its thuya wooden painted ceilings, exquisite Andalucian mosaics and Arabic-Berber style furnishings.
Tucked away in a secluded alley of the ancient Medina, Villa Garance offers ten bright and spacious bedrooms, with high ceilings and large floor to ceiling windows. From the moment you enter the riad’s traditional interior courtyard, and are welcomed by your charming French hosts, you immediately feel at home. This grand riad offers plenty of space; you can dine in one of the comfy lounges at low tables around the open fire, enjoy a delicious breakfast on the delightful roof terrace, or just chill and soak up the sunshine. From the top terrace, you can even glimpse the cobalt blue sea of Essaouira’s bay.
All this, plus the riad is in the heart of Essaouira, so the fascinating souks, cosy cafes and restaurants, food markets and striking blue and white houses of this historic UNESCO World Heritage town are right on your doorstep. The ancient ramparts are only a few minutes away, and a brisk ten-minute walk will take you to the colourful fishing harbour and Essaouira’s white sandy beach. Villa Garance is a gem in the heart of the Medina and is a real find!
- 10 spacious en-suite rooms, including two larger family suites
- Beautiful roof terrace with sun loungers, parasols, and panoramic views
- Large ground floor patio, with dining room, library and several cosy salons to relax in
- Table d’Hosts and cookery lessons available
- Massages arranged in the villa using pure Argan oil
- Children are welcome and the 2 larger suites can accommodate a family of 3 or 4. Babysitting can also be arranged
- The convenient location in the heart of the Medina, close to many restaurants and the beach, mean this is a perfect base for exploring Essaouira
- The villa’s friendly and inviting atmosphere; nothing is too much trouble for your welcoming hosts, who offer helpful suggestions for booking restaurants and other local activities such as windsurfing, sailing, cookery lessons and camel rides on the beach….
- The breakfasts served on the roof terrace are the highlight of the day
- Meals prepared using organic olive oil and fresh produce from the local souks