Riad Sapphire, with spa and pool, is a refined base for discovering the lively souks and intoxicating atmosphere of Marrakech.
If you’re looking for a riad with a spa in Marrakech, Sapphire is one for the shortlist. This chic retreat is tucked away in the heart of the medina and has been designed with great attention to detail.
With a cooling plunge pool and small spa, Riad Sapphire surrounds two interior courtyards and is more spacious than most small riads. There’s a comfy salon and fireplace, as well as plenty of cosy nooks to chill out in. Bedrooms are tastefully decorated in neutral shades with colourful furnishings and soft rugs. En-suites are in the smartly polished tadelakt style with complimentary organic toiletries.
After a busy day in the souks, a dip in the pool to cool off followed by a relaxing massage in the spa is hard to beat. End the evening with a candlelit dinner in the courtyard or continue on to a local rooftop bar for cocktails overlooking the city by night.
The breakfast, which includes fruit salads, pastries, eggs, and pancakes, is served on the roof terrace with views over the Medina. For other meals, Riad Sapphire’s cook worked at an Italian restaurant for 14 years, so there is choice of traditional Moroccan cuisine or authentic pasta dishes on offer.
- There are 8 en suite double/twin bedrooms (including 6 suites) with hairdryers and air-conditioning/heating. Two of the suites have four-poster beds
- Breakfast and Wifi included. Laundry service available
- Spacious courtyard with pool (7m x 2m) and dining area, cosy lounge with open-fireplace and library, roof terrace with seating and sun loungers
- Small spa, with traditional hammam offering a range of massage and beauty treatments
- Cookery courses can be arranged
- The convenient location, close to the souks as well as the designer shops, restaurants, and galleries of Gueliz
- Having a pampering treat in the riad’s small spa and hammam
- The friendly owners and manager, who will provide excellent recommendations for day trips and the best sights and restaurants to visit. They can even provide a local mobile phone to use during your stay (refundable deposit of 100 dhs)
- Children are welcome and can easily stay in the larger suites with an extra bed or cot, or adjacent suites