Riad Sapphire is a perfect Medina hideaway to retreat to after an exciting day out discovering the lively souks and intoxicating atmosphere of Marrakech.
This chic, tranquil riad is tucked away in the heart of the historic medina and has been designed with great attention to detail, combining traditional architecture with a sleek, contemporary design. With 8 rooms and suites, a cooling plunge pool and small spa, Riad Sapphire surrounds 2 interior patios and is more spacious than most other small riads, with a comfy salon and fireplace, plus plenty of cosy nooks for guests to relax and chill out in. Bedrooms exude good taste and are decorated in neutral colours, with brightly coloured furnishings, gorgeous soft Beni Ourain rugs and smart polished tadelakt bathrooms, offering complimentary organic toiletries.
Breakfast is best enjoyed up on the roof terrace with its wonderful views over the Medina, and is a real feast, including fruit salad, pastries, Moroccan pancakes, homemade jams and eggs. After a busy day out bartering in the souks, there is nothing more relaxing than returning to a massage in the spa, followed by a romantic candlelit dinner in the beautifully colonnaded interior courtyard. Riad Sapphire’s cook worked at an Italian restaurant for 14 years, so unusually, there is a tempting choice of both traditional Moroccan cuisine or authentic pasta dishes on offer!
With its comfortable accommodation, relaxed atmosphere, friendly and attentive service, Riad Sapphire is a real haven of peace and well-being and also offers great value for money.
Riad Sapphire is also where we will be hosting our exciting Sketching and Painting short break in Marrakech from 17th-22nd March 2018!
Enjoy 5 nights in a double en-suite room (NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS!) on B&B basis for £950, 3 art and painting workshops with artist and illustrator Linda Warren, arrival dinner and a lunch in Riad Sapphire, a Moroccan cookery class with lunch, plus visits to the colourful souks, the famous Majorelle Gardens, Les Jardins Secret and the soon to open Yves Saint Laurent Museum!
Price includes airport transfers but not flights, which are available daily from London Gatwick at a cost of approx. £100 return (as of August 2017).
- 8 double/twin bedrooms (including 6 junior and luxury suites), with en suite shower rooms (2 have a bathtub), hairdryer, air-conditioning/heating. Two suites with four-poster bed and Luxury suite with fireplace
- Breakfast and Wifi included. Laundry service available
- Spacious courtyard with pool (7m x 2m) and dining area, cosy lounge with open-fireplace and library Roof terrace with seating and sun loungers
- Small spa, with traditional hammam offering a range of massage and beauty treatments
- Cookery courses can be arranged
- The convenient location close to the bustling souks and sights of the Medina, and only a short walk to the trendy designer shops, restaurants, cafes and galleries of Gueliz
- Being pampered in the riad’s small spa and hammam, which offers a range of traditional Oriental and beauty treatments with fully-trained specialist
- The impeccable level of service of the English owners and manager, who are happy to help you with practical advice and will recommend the best sights, excursions and restaurants to visit. Even a useful mobile phone is supplied during your stay (refundable deposit of 100 dhs)
- Children are welcome and are easily accommodated in the larger suites with an extra bed or cot, or adjacent suites
- Riad Sapphire is perfect for exclusive rentals, especially for small groups of ladies, wanting to enjoy the in-house spa facilities and retail therapy in the nearby souks or shops!