An authentic riad in Marrakech, Riad Hikaya is just perfect for a short city break in the sun.
With seven elegantly furnished suites, this is a fantastic base for either a couple or a get together for friends and family. Riad Hikaya is ideal whether you are looking for a romantic break, or for exclusive use of an authentic Moroccan home for a special occasion.
Located in the lively Kasbah in the south medina, Riad Hikaya is ideally positioned to explore the exotic souks, famous Jemaa el-Fna Square and royal palaces of Marrakech. A rarity in the medina it’s location means taxi’s or even a horse drawn carriage can pull up to the door to take you further afield.
Guests can delight in open mountain views from either of the two sun dappled roof terraces planted with orange, lemon and grapefruit trees or soak in the rooftop jacuzzi within an intimate bedouin tent. Enjoy year round swimming in the heated plunge pool or pamper yourself with a massage, facial or manicure in the treatment rooms and hammam. This enchanting riad retains many of its original Moorish features, incorporating traditional Moroccan styles with graceful arches, bejmat floors and tadelakt plastered walls.
Breakfast is included with your room and lunch and three course dinners are available to order from the riad’s own restaurant. Choose from a wide variety of Moroccan dishes such as as harira, lamb tajine, tanjia or seafood pastilla and spicy sardines with produce sourced from the local market. Dining is available on the roof terrace which has its own tajine oven and grill.
Over the years we have visited an abundance of riads in Marrakech, and the stunning Riad Hikaya has become one of our firm favourites. If you are seeking a traditional, authentic riad in the heart of Marrakech, Riad Hikaya is an excellent choice.
- 7 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and air-conditioning and heating
- Plunge pool (heated in cooler months)
- All suites have Tv with satellite channels and iPod docking station
- Nightly turn down service with rose petals
- Complimentary WiFi access
- Fresh fruit, flowers and mineral water
- ‘Sens de Marrakech’ toiletries
- Hotel restaurant and dining on the roof terrace
- The welcoming and friendly team who are happy to arrange guided trips, make reservations and book taxis amongst other services
- Sampling a traditional Moroccan lamb tagine on the roof terrace
- Its fantastic location; easy access for taxis and walking distance to all the many souks and sights
- Combining a short stay at Riad Hikaya to explore Marrakech with some chill out time in one of our mountain retreats
- Being pampered – enjoying the tented jacuzzi, heated plunge pool and hammam