Tucked away in the ancient Medina, close to the famous Djemma el Fna square and the smart antique shops and palace of the Dar Bacha area, delightful Riad de Tarabel is a unique find.
Originally a private colonial style mansion, this romantic riad has recently been extended by its French interior-designer owners, and is now one of Marrakech’s most intimate high-end boutique hotels. This idyllic retreat now boasts 10 bedrooms, all uniquely decorated and spread over three traditional riads with tranquil patios, scented orange trees and a tinkling fountain, strewn with rose petals. Riad de Tarabel’s original timeless elegance and unpretentious atmosphere prevails; luxurious interiors blend subtle Moorish influences with stylish French antiques and furnishings, in a restful palette of soft Provençal colours. Rooms brim with old memorabilia from a bygone age, old photos and paintings, sumptuous family furniture, birds of paradise, ornate mirrors, including many collected from all over the world including from the owner’s French château.
Riad Tarabel provides plenty of cosy nooks for guests to relax in; up on the spacious roof terrace during the day, or by night, in the living room with its open-fireplace. Dining at Riad Tarabel is a romantic and unforgettable experience; candlelit tables in an exquisite setting, and a perfect fusion of French and Moroccan cuisine.
As if that’s not enough, there is also an enticing swimming pool, an Oriental spa and hammam, plus a trendy new boutique. With its intimate and cosy ambience, charming location and excellent in-house amenities, Riad de Tarabel is the perfect romantic hideaway.
- 10 bedrooms and suites, all with en suite facilities, luxury toiletries, bathrobes, air-conditioning, hairdryer and Wifi. Local mobile phone provided
- Please note that many of the rooms and suites have an intimate ‘in-room’ claw foot bathtub and separate WC
- All prices include breakfast, mineral water, soft drinks daily, mint tea and afternoon home-made pastries
- Heated swimming pool (8m x 4m) in courtyard (adults only) and small rooftop plunge pool (children welcome)
- Spa with hammam, massage and beauty treatments
- Airport transfers arranged and paid for locally
- Lunch and dinner can be booked on request (€30 and €40 per person respectively). A la carte and light meals also available
- Ironing and laundry service
- The romantic atmosphere around the courtyard with its flickering candles at dusk
- The huge suites, with masses of space and spacious bathrooms, with double showers
- Enjoying a leisurely breakfast up on the huge roof terrace, soaking up the sunshine and the views
- Children are welcome, and can be accommodated in the suites
- Easy walking distance to the souks and sights of the city, plus quick access to taxis
- Perfect for exclusive use for birthdays or other special occasions – please ask for details