Riad de Tarabel is an elegant, chic riad in the heart of Marrakech Medina, just perfect for a romantic long weekend.
Tucked away in the ancient Medina, just a short walk to the famous Djemma el Fna square and the smart antique shops of the Dar Bacha area, delightful Riad de Tarabel is a unique find.
Originally a private colonial style mansion, this stunning riad has been extended by its French interior designer owners. They have since transformed it into one of Marrakech’s most intimate high end boutique hotels. Boasting just 10 uniquely decorated rooms and suites spread over three traditional riads with tranquil patios, scented orange trees and a tinkling fountain, strewn with rose petals.
Riad de Tarabel has a timeless elegance and unpretentious atmosphere, its luxurious interiors blend subtle Moorish influences with stylish French antiques and furnishings, in a restful palette of soft Provençal colours. Rooms brim with old memorabilia from a bygone age, including the old photos and paintings, sumptuous furniture, birds of paradise, ornate mirrors. Many have been collected from all over the world including from the owner’s French château.
The riad provides plenty of cosy nooks to relax in, up on the spacious roof terrace during the day, or by night, cosy up in the living room with its open fireplace. Dining at Riad de Tarabel is an unforgettable experience, candlelit tables in an exquisite setting, and a perfect fusion of French and Moroccan cuisine.
As if that’s not enough, there is also an enticing swimming pool, and a Oriental Spa and hammam. With its intimate and cosy ambience, excellent location and amenities, we think this riad is the perfect romantic hideaway in the heart of Marrakech Medina.
- The riad has 10 rooms and suites. Each has an en-suite bathroom, bathrobes, air-conditioning, hairdryer and WiFi. A local mobile phone is also provided per room
- Please note that some of the more intimate rooms and suites have a freestanding bathtub in the bedroom, and separate WC
- All prices include breakfast, mineral water, soft drinks daily, freshly made mint tea and pastries in the afternoons
- There is a heated swimming pool (8m x 4m) in the courtyard (adults only) and there is also a small plunge pool up on the roof terrace (children are welcome)
- Spa with hammam, massage and beauty treatments
- Airport transfers arranged (these are paid for locally)
- Lunch and dinner can be arranged on request (approx. €30 and €40 per person)
- Ironing and laundry service
- The intimate atmosphere in the pretty courtyard with its flickering candles at dusk
- The large suites and bathrooms with double showers
- Starting the day with a leisurely breakfast up on the huge roof terrace, soaking up the sunshine and the views
- Children are welcome, and extra beds can be put in the suites
- Riad de Tarabel is only a short walk to the souks and sights of the city, plus quick access to taxis if you wish to go further afield
- The riad can also be booked exclusively for special occasions, please get in touch for more details