This friendly, chic boutique hotel enjoys a fabulous location, just a stone’s throw from Essaouira’s sandy beach and only a few minute’s walk to the colourful souks and shops of the old walled Medina and the picturesque port.
Set in a pretty walled garden, of palms trees, bougainvillea and jasmine, Ocean Vagabond boasts its own heated swimming pool (quite a unique feature for such a centrally-located hotel), plus a small traditional spa, offering hammam, massage and traditional treatments, making it an ideal choice for both couples and families in search of leisure and ultimate relaxation.
Inside the hotel, there are 14 well-equipped rooms and suites, many with their own private terrace or balcony with views of the sea, or of the old Medina; each is unique and stylishly decorated in various ethnic styles, incorporating traditional iroko woodwork, cedar furniture and Moroccan artefacts. Downstairs, all is bright and airy, and sunshine floods in from the gardens through the panoramic windows of the lounge, bar and restaurant, which serves a choice of Moroccan and Mediterranean meals. Overlooking the sea and the Medina, Ocean Vagabond is the perfect place to stay in and absorb the spirit and atmosphere of Essaouira.
- 14 rooms and suites, most with private terrace or balcony, all with en-suite bathroom (bath or shower) minibar, safe, heating, satellite TV, phone & Wifi
- A lush garden with sun loungers, terrace and a heated pool
- Spacious lounge area and well-stocked library, with satellite TV and DVD
- ‘L’O’ Restaurant, offering a selection of authentic Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine, and adjoining cosy Colonial-style bar
- L’O Spa, with traditional hammam, and offering a choice of beauty treatments and massages (currently being renovated, hammam and massage available at their sister hotel, the nearby Villa de l’O
- Swimming in the hotel’s heated pool after a busy morning exploring the Medina, followed by an alfresco lunch in the lush gardens
- The informal atmosphere of this charming boutique hotel, offering plenty of cosy, communal spaces for guests to chill out in
- Relaxing in the L’O Spa and enjoying one of their Oriental massages and beauty treatments, using pure argan oil….
- The wide range of water sports available on the nearby beach: from kite- and wind surfing to camel riding
- Sunbathing and sipping cocktails in one of the laid-back beach clubs
- The spacious family rooms, sleeping up to 4 persons. Cot and highchair also available.