A countryside retreat in Essaouira set in a Mediterranean-style walled garden, lies the beautiful guesthouse, Les Jardins de Villa Maroc which can also be booked exclusively as a private villa.
This lovely stone-clad villa has 3 spacious bedrooms overlooking a pretty courtyard. Figuier Suite is perfect for families, with a double bedroom leading through to a twin bedroom via a large dressing room; the Patio Room is perfect for couples, and upstairs is Minzah, a pretty double room overlooking the surrounding forests of olive, almond and native argan and thuya trees.
There is a large communal dining room and lovely salon for lounging around in, as well as a covered patio for dining al fresco, but the piece de resistance has to be the swimming pool and its beautiful shaded terrace, a divine spot to relax in listening to nothing but the swaying palms and gentle birdsong.
For a scrumptious barbecue lunch, simply stroll across to the wonderful Les Jardins Restaurant, just a stone’s throw away. Here you will discover a huge flower-filled garden, complete with a fabulous aquamarine heated swimming pool, extensive sun terraces with comfy sun loungers and tables. There is also a contemporary dining room and a small boutique. This restaurant is open daily for visitors, many of whom are staying at its charming sister hotel, Villa Maroc in the Medina.
Rooms can be rented individually, but we think it’s perfect for a family looking for a private villa with pool in Essaouira. Your very own luxury Moroccan home in the heart of the countryside yet just a short drive from the beach, markets and restaurants in Essaouira.
- 3 rooms with en-suite shower room, (2 doubles and a family room for 4 guests). Sleeps up to 8 guests
- Lounge area with library and fireplace, indoor and outdoor dining area, WiFi is available throughout the property
- Walled gardens surrounding a private swimming pool (Approx. 10mx 4m, unheated)
- Maid service and breakfast included. Evening meals prepared on request*.
- Lunch* available and use of pool next door at Les Jardins Restaurant
- Hammam and massages available on request*
- Driver to take you in and out of Essaouira*
*(at extra cost, payable locally)
- Location! This gorgeous haven is so close to Essaouira’s medina, yet is a tranquil retreat, ideal for a relaxing holiday
- Les Jardins de Villa Maroc is the perfect base for small groups or a family seeking a villa holiday
- The superb restaurant with its large heated pool is a fabulous place for an event for a special occasion
- Hicham, the friendly manager and his team are always on hand to arrange extra meals and trips into Essaouira Medina
- Combining a few nights at its sister riad, Villa Maroc in Essaouira Medina before a relaxing few days here