This luxury boutique hotel is one of the prettiest Medina hideaways we know, with its lush, tranquil garden and large pool, it is an oasis of calm
At the heart of this restored historic palace, as its name suggests, is an exceptional private garden, one of the largest in the Medina, owned originally by a Marrakechi princess.
Laid out in traditional riad style, with a tinkling fountain, shady terraces, arched walkways and a profusion of jacarandas, centuries-old palms, orange trees and other exotic plants, this beautiful garden is a perfect haven to relax, enjoy a meal, or sunbathe by the inviting pool.
With only 36 stylish bedrooms, all surrounding the interior garden, the hotel retains an intimate and a friendly atmosphere, with an attentive team of friendly smiling staff to look after all your needs. Bedrooms are spacious, pretty and immensely comfortable, blending smart modern design and comforts, with traditional Moroccan influences, many with a balcony, terrace or solarium. The larger, very romantic suites, each with private balconies, are designed with the emphasis on style and comfort, with Egyptian cotton sheets, huge baths or rainfall showers.
The cosy cocktail bar and restaurant occupy the former grand salon of the palace, with its impressive high sculpted cedar wood ceiling, reflecting the intimate charm of a bygone era. The chef prepares inventive menus, including traditional Moroccan dishes, Mediterranean and other international options, all accompanied by a choice of excellent Moroccan and French wines.
One of the latest highpoints of the hotel is its newly-opened roof-top Oriental Spa, offering Moroccan hammam and spoiling massages, as well as classic beauty treatments in tranquil surroundings.
- 36 stylish en suite rooms with bath or shower/wc, some have balcony, patio or terrace. Suites have fireplaces, huge baths or rain showers, and private terrace. Breakfast included
- All rooms with air-conditioning, heating, ceiling fans, mini-bar, satellite TV, Wifi, safe and hairdryer
- Large garden with outdoor swimming pool (heated in winter months)
- Charming bar and elegant restaurant, with outside terrace serving innovative Moroccan and international cuisine
- Beautiful new spa on roof terrace, with 2 traditional hammams, and massage rooms
- Own small boutique, selling gifts such as local handicrafts, jewellery, perfumes and spices
- A member of both the prestigious ‘Châteaux et Hotels Collection’ and ‘Hôtels de Charme & Caractère’ which endorses the hotel’s character and quality of service
- A perfect year-round retreat, with its large inviting swimming pool
- Lazing around in the gardens, under the palm trees, listening to the sound of the birds
- A romantic candlelit dinner on the garden terrace under the stars
- A spoiling hammam and massage in the Spa after a long day exploring the Medina
- The sumptuous and luxurious Sultana suites, with their own private terrace or balcony, perfect for a honeymoon or a romantic occasion
- The larger rooms are ideal for families with young children and they will love the gardens and the shelving pool
- The hotel’s convenient location, just a 10 minute drive from the airport and the centre of town, and only a short walk or calèche ride to the sights and the souks
- With plenty of rooms and space, the hotel welcomes small group celebrations and events