One of Marrakech’s most legendary boutique hotels with a renowned restaurant and cookery school
Hidden down one of the many labyrinthine streets of the old Medina, you will find one of the best loved luxury boutique hotels in Marrakech, La Maison Arabe. Opened in the 1940’s as the city’s first traditional Moroccan restaurant, it soon became a favourite of many high profile guests such as Sir Winston Churchill and Jackie Kennedy. It has since been transformed over the years to become an intimate, chic hotel with a magical atmosphere, just a short walk from the famous Djemma el Fna square.
La Maison Arabe is a charming riad-style hotel, dotted with small courtyards and salons to retreat to; even when the hotel is full, there is always a cosy nook or cranny to relax in private. The 26 stylish rooms are spread between two riads, the original wing houses the more traditionally furnished rooms, whilst the rooms in the newer wing are more contemporary in design.
La Maison Arabe is lavishly decorated throughout and showcases many original Moroccan antiques and oriental carpets, making a stay here a very special experience.
- 26 beautifully and uniquely furnished rooms and suites, all with en suite bathrooms, some with fireplaces and terrace. Breakfast included
- All rooms with air-conditioning, heating, mini-bar, satellite TV, Wifi and safe
- Heated courtyard swimming pool (15m x 6m)
- Beautiful spa with 2 traditional hammams, and 5 massage rooms
- Renowned Moroccan restaurant plus Les Trois Saveurs, a contemporary restaurant serving fusion cuisine
- Atmospheric Piano/Jazz Bar for drinks and tapas and live pianist most evenings
- Private Country Club with large pool and immaculate gardens, perfect for lazy days under the palms or for group celebrations and events
- Excellent cookery school, (plus another for larger groups at the Country Club)
- La Maison Arabe’s own boutique around the corner selling lovely Moroccan handicraft
- The hotel’s central location, close to both the ancient Medina and fashionable shops and restaurants in the new town, Gueliz
- The charming, discreet, and ever-smiling staff on hand to help with your every desire!
- A stay in the luxurious Royal Suite, with its private rooftop terrace, jacuzzi and Medina views
- Dining in the Moroccan restaurant, listening to the soft sounds of the Moroccan Oud player
- A soothing hammam and massage in the Spa after a long day exploring the Medina
- The complimentary shuttle service to the Country Club to spend a lazy day by the pool