La Maison Arabe is a stunning, luxury riad-style hotel in Marrakech, with a renowned restaurant, Spa and cookery school.
Hidden down one of the many narrow backstreets of the old Medina, you will find one of the best loved boutique hotels in the city, La Maison Arabe. Opened in the 1940’s as the city’s first traditional Moroccan restaurant, it soon became a favourite of many high profile guests such as Sir Winston Churchill and Jackie Kennedy. Over the years it has been transformed into a chic hotel with magical atmosphere, moments from the famous Djemma el Fna square.
Dotted with small courtyards and salons to retreat to, even when the hotel is full, there is always a cosy nook or cranny to relax in. The stylish rooms are spread between two riads, the original wing houses the more traditionally furnished rooms, whilst the garden rooms in the newer wing are more contemporary in design. The legendary La Maison Arabe is a charming, luxury riad-style hotel in the heart of Marrakech Medina.
There is a heated swimming pool in the hotel’s main courtyard, however, should you want to escape the city for the day, you can spend a lazy day at La Maison Arabe’s Country Club. Complimentary transfers will whisk you off to the hotel’s private gardens, where there is a large pool and restaurant which serves delicious light lunches.
There is a cookery school at the Country Club for larger groups, but classes are also available at the hotel for smaller groups and individuals. These lessons are some of the best in the city and are a wonderful way to learn the art of Moroccan cooking.
La Maison Arabe is lavishly decorated throughout, and showcases many original Moroccan antiques and oriental carpets. With its superb service, wonderful restaurants, and pampering Spa, a stay at this superb hotel is an unforgettable experience.
- The hotel has 37 beautiful rooms and suites, each with with en-suite bathroom, and some with fireplaces and terrace
- Accommodation is on bed and breakfast basis
- All rooms have air-conditioning, heating, minibar, satellite TV, WiFi and safe
- Heated swimming pool in the central courtyard (15m x 6m)
- Beautiful Spa with 2 hammams, and 5 massage and treatment rooms
- Renowned Moroccan restaurant, and a more contemporary restaurant serving fusion cuisine, Les Trois Saveurs, a
- Jazz Bar, an atmospheric bar with a pianist playing live music most evenings
- Private Country Club with large pool, garden, and restaurant. The perfect place for a relaxing day under the palms!
- There are two cookery schools, one in the main hotel plus another at the Country Club, for larger groups
- The hotel has its own small shop selling unique Moroccan handicrafts
- The superb location, close to the ancient Medina, as well as the fashionable shops and restaurants in the new town, Gueliz
- The smiling and helpful staff who are always on hand to assist guests
- A delicious meal in the famous Moroccan restaurant, whilst listening to the soft sounds of the local Oud player
- A hammam and massage in the Spa after a long day exploring the city
- The complimentary shuttle service from the hotel to the Country Club
- The combination of an authentic riad with the services of a 5 star hotel, this luxury riad-style hotel in Marrakech certainly won’t disappoint!