Located on the edge of the Toubkal National Park in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, this impressive kasbah style boutique hotel is spectacularly perched on a hilltop, boasting panoramic mountain views.
Paul, the welcoming British owner, aided by local craftsmen, has painstakingly created an imposing, authentic kasbah. Built to reflect the local Berber style, with stone walls and floor and wooden ceilings, he has created a beautiful boutique hotel in the Atlas Mountains.
Bedrooms are very comfortable, and simply yet colourfully decorated, with traditional rugs, fabrics and furniture. All rooms have a private terrace with views over the beautiful gardens and countryside. The more spacious Junior Suites are perfect for families, and most have a private terrace and dramatic views of the surrounding mountains or valley.
This is the perfect spot for walkers to explore the mountains and the nearby villages. Paul is a mine of information about the best places and tracks to visit, and is happy to arrange treks on foot or by mule with a local guide. After an invigorating day out in the fresh mountain air, there is nothing more refreshing than a dip in the hotel’s magnificent pool, followed by a leisurely candlelit dinner of tasty local dishes, watching the sun set over the mountain peaks.
Conveniently, the hotel is only a 30 minute drive into Marrakech, making it a wonderful base for some sightseeing, or shopping in the souks combined with exploring the surrounding Berber villages and stunning mountain scenery.
- Boutique kasbah hotel with 25 rooms and suites, all with shower or bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning and under floor heating. Larger suites sleep up to 4 guests
- There are spacious public areas, including a lounge, bar and dining room, and an outside terrace for dining
- Complimentary WiFi access in public areas
- 10 acres of gardens with olive and fruit trees, plus a large roof terrace, with spectacular mountain views
- Large swimming pool (mainly used between April and October as it is unheated)
- Guided treks, picnics and excursions can be arranged, led by a team of qualified mountain guides
- Mountain bikes, 4 x 4 excursions, mule and camel rides can be arranged
- The beautiful views and feeling of peace and seclusion
- Relaxing in the manicured gardens and a refreshing swim in the large pool
- Dining at the hotel, with the chef’s inventive Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine, using fresh produce from the hotel’s own gardens
- The wide range of treks available, from short walks directly from the hotel, or more adventurous full day treks
- Popping into Marrakech for the day for some shopping in the souks
- The spacious suites, which are ideal for families
- The hotel as a base for group bookings, such as art and yoga groups