Situated on the edge of the Toubkal National Park in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, this impressive kasbah hotel is spectacularly perched on a hilltop, and enjoys breathtaking 360° views over the surrounding Berber countryside.
Paul, the Kasbah Angour’s welcoming owner, aided by local craftsmen has painstakingly created an imposing rustic-style kasbah, built to reflect the local Berber style, with stone walls and floor and wooden ceilings. Bedrooms are comfortable and simply yet colourfully decorated, with traditional rugs, fabrics and furniture and all have a private terrace with views over the beautiful gardens, whilst the spacious Junior Suites are perfect for families and most have a private terrace and dramatic views of the surrounding mountains or valley.
This is the perfect spot for walkers to explore the mountains and the nearby Berber villages. Paul, the British owner and manager is a mine of information about the best places and tracks to visit, and is happy to arrange treks on foot or by mule with a local guide. After an enjoyable day out in the fresh mountain air, there is nothing more invigorating than a swim in the kasbah’s magnificent pool before sitting down on the terrace, to a leisurely candlelit dinner of tasty Berber dishes and watching the sun set over the mountain peaks.
Only a convenient 30 minute drive from the bustle of Marrakech, this eco-friendly hotel will appeal to nature lovers and walkers, or anyone just wishing to escape and unwind in the simple tranquillity of the Moroccan countryside.
- Boutique kasbah hotel with 25 rooms and suites, all with shower or bath/wc equipped with air-conditioning and under floor heating. Larger suites sleep up to 4 guests
- Large public areas, with separate lounge, bar and dining room, with outside dining terrace and complimentary Wifi access in public areas
- Spacious, well tended gardens with olive and fruit trees, plus a roof terrace, offering spectacular views
- Large pool (unheated), hammam and massages available on request
- Guided treks, picnics and excursions arranged, led by a team of experienced mountain guides
- Mountain bikes, 4 x 4 excursions, mule and camel rides can be arranged
- The amazing panoramic views and feeling of peace and seclusion
- The wonderful 10 acres of gardens with the huge pool
- The imaginative Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine, based on produce from the kasbah’s own gardens
- The wide range of treks available – from short walks directly from the hotel, or more adventurous day treks
- Popping into Marrakech for the day for some shopping in the souks, or an early dinner
- The spacious accommodation, making it ideal for families celebrations and small activity groups (yoga/trekking/spa)