A unique coastal hideaway just outside Oualidia, with mesmerising views across white sandy beaches to the Atlantic Ocean
If you are looking for complete relaxation by the sea, then Azalai Beach Cottage is the perfect retreat to stay in. Here you can recharge your batteries with a stroll along the beach, a swim in the pool, a dip in the hot tub, or indulge in a lazy seafood lunch.
Situated along a quiet stretch of unspoilt coastline, only a few kilometres from the picturesque seaside town of Oualidia, with its beautiful lagoon, this intimate boutique hotel literally has its feet in the ocean and is a gorgeous oasis of calm. The only sounds are those of the gentle ocean breeze passing through the gardens and the lapping of the waves on the sea shore. Each of the nine well-appointed bedrooms and suites have their own terrace overlooking the sea and are individually decorated, yet they all share a distinct literary and nautical theme and are named after such famous writers as RL Stevenson, Ernest Hemingway, Virginia Woolf & Daphné du Maurier, who all had an affinity with the sea.
For those wanting simplicity by the sea, but real comfort, then Azalai Beach Cottage offers affordable luxury in a unique location, and is ideal for both couples and small families.
- 9 double/twin bedded en suite bedrooms (including 2 larger suites and 2 individual bungalows), all with their own terrace and great views across to the sea beyond
- Suites and bungalows, sleep 2-4 persons, and have a small salon, and corner fireplace. The larger bungalows also have a bath, a Nespresso machine and electric kettle
- Swimming pool with sun loungers and solarium, located between the hotel and the beach
- Small beach hut bistro, serving a choice of fresh local shellfish (lunch times only)*
- Lounge, library, small spa and boutique. Please note that there is no wifi at the hotel
*Please note that at the moment, the hotel does have a license to sell alcohol, however, guests are welcome to bring their own
- The idyllic, secluded location, right by an almost deserted white sandy beach
- The stylish nautical themed decor of the beach cottage rooms, combining handmade driftwood furnishings and artefacts from a bygone era
- Chilling out under the shade of the cool swaying palm fronds, after one of the hotel’s tasty shellfish lunches
- Families with kids will also love the roomy bungalows, and long walks along the beach, and fishing in the rock pools
- Visiting the beach and sand dunes at Oualidia, enjoying boat and fishing trips on the lagoon, taking some wind surfing lessons, or just feasting out on the renowned local oysters, in one of the many beach-side restaurants
- A stay at Azalai Beach Cottage can also easily be combined with a stay in Marrakech and/or Essaouira. Or, if you are tempted by a trip to the desert, then why not book a stay at Azalai Desert Lodge, Zagora, gateway to the Sahara