A unique coastal boutique hotel in Morocco, just outside Oualidia, with mesmerising views across white sandy beaches to the Atlantic Ocean
If you’re looking for complete relaxation by the sea, then Azalai Beach Cottage needs to be on your list. This is an ideal place to recharge your batteries. The peaceful gardens, rolling waves, pristine pool and delicious food are a feast for the senses and the soul.
Nestled in a quiet stretch of unspoilt coastline, only a few kilometres from the pretty seaside town of Oualidia, this intimate hotel is an oasis of calm. The only sounds are the gentle ocean breeze passing through the gardens and the lapping of the waves on the shore.
Each of the nine bedrooms and suites has its own terrace overlooking the sea – offering a private quiet place to breathe in the scents of the gardens and watch the tides roll in. The rooms are individually decorated, and named after famous writers including Robert Louis Stevenson, Ernest Hemingway, Virginia Woolf & Daphné du Maurier, who all had an affinity with the sea.
If you’re looking for a coastal boutique hotel in Morocco that offers total peace and relaxation in natural surroundings, you really won’t find much to beat this. Azalai Beach Cottage offers affordable luxury in a unique location, and is ideal for lone travellers looking to de-stress and recharge as well as couples and small families seeking an intimate hideaway.
- There are 9 double/twin bedded en-suite bedrooms including 2 larger suites and 2 individual bungalows. Each has its own terrace and mesmerising views across to the sea beyond
- Suites and bungalows sleep 2-4 persons and have a small salon, and corner fireplace. The larger bungalows also have a bath, a Nespresso machine and electric kettle
- Swimming pool with sun loungers and solarium, located between the hotel and the beach
- Small beach hut bistro, serving a choice of fresh local shellfish (lunch times only)*
- Lounge, library, small spa and boutique. Please note that there is no wifi at the hotel
*Please note that at the moment, the hotel does have a license to sell alcohol, however, guests are welcome to bring their own
- The idyllic, secluded location, right by an almost deserted white sandy beach
- The nautical theme of the rooms! These combine handmade driftwood furnishings and artefacts from a bygone era
- Relaxing after a shellfish lunch under the shade of swaying palm fronds
- Families with kids will love the roomy bungalows, and fishing in the rock pools
- Visiting the beach and sand dunes at Oualidia. Taking a boat or fishing trip on the lagoon, windsurfing lessons, or feasting on the renowned local oysters in one of the many beach-side restaurants
- A stay at Azalai Beach Cottage can also easily be combined with a stay in Marrakech and/or Essaouira. Or, if you’re tempted by a trip to the desert, then why not book a stay at Azalai Desert Lodge, Zagora, gateway to the Sahara